Gift of Jazz
09/23/2021 - 05/03/2022
The Gift of Jazz continues to support the past, present and future of jazz in the Rocky Mountain Region every school year with their Jazz for the Schools program.
Jazz for the Schools is a monthly series that provides an educational and musical experience for Denver Public Schools’ students, many of whom have never had the opportunity to be inspired by the sound of live jazz music. This valuable program that takes place at the historic McNichols Building in Civic Center Park has been in existence since the 2011-12 school year.
Each presentation involving jazz history, musical techniques and performance is presented by local, regional or international jazz artists. These performers are invested in moving this genre forward and securing its future with the next generation. Presenters are chosen based on their ability to provide an entertaining and knowledgeable presentation designed to captivate and engage a young audience.
If you are teacher interested in attending a presentation with your students, please find out more here.
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Thursday, October 28, 2021 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Thursday, November 18, 2021 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Thursday, January 13, 2022 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Thursday, February 17, 2022 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Thursday, April 14, 2022 9:00 AM Add to cal
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 9:00 AM Add to cal