Cultural Partner Program
The McNichols Building at Civic Center Park is a cultural center and gathering place operated and managed by Denver Arts & Venues (A&V), offering cultural programming and event space to residents, visitors and the creative community. Programming at the McNichols Building ranges from music and dance performances, seminars, workshops, lectures, as well as events and exhibitions that can showcase design, fashion, film, visual artists and more.
The Cultural Partner Program was designed to cultivate collaboration between A&V and community-based organizations, business entities and individuals aspiring to present professional-level arts and cultural performances and exhibitions at the McNichols Building. We recognize the value locally based artists and organizations add to our ongoing programming and wish to provide opportunities for successful partnerships. As a Cultural Partner you may qualify for a rental waiver or a reduced-rate. You can also submit a request to the Cultural Partner Program Fund, which supports hard costs and implementation.
The A&V Cultural Programs team will offer a variety of opportunities to develop these partnerships, including open calls for participation and through proposals from potential partners. Open Calls will be publicized here and on A&V’s weekly newsletter The Link (you can subscribe by joining the mailing list shown on the website.)
Denver Arts & Venues is currently accepting programming proposals for 2014 & 2016. Proposals will be evaluated based on space availability and the following criteria:
• The program complements and enhances Denver Arts & Venues cultural programming
• The program fits within the Denver Arts & Venues scheduling plan
• A clear budget is provided
• Expected audience and attendance is provided
• Outreach plan to market program is provided
• Organization has a proven track record with producing or presenting
• Examples of past event successes are provided
• Partner, sponsor or fundraising opportunities are detailed
• Relevance to other exhibits, programs and events in the community presented at the same time
• Partnership level and support may vary. Financial support to cover hard costs and implementation is available via the Cultural Partner Program Fund. To be considered, a detailed budget must be provided.
• Denver Arts & Venues reserves the right to decline programming and decisions are final
• Applicants are welcome to re-apply in the future for additional events
• 501c3 organizations, for-profit entities and individuals can apply
• Event dates may need to be flexible
• 2nd/ 3rd floor selection preference based on availability
• Types of programming can include: • Music • Visual Arts • Dance • Film • Class/Workshop • Design • Theater • Exhibitions • Seminar/Lecture • Installation
For additional information, please contact Shanna Shelby, Cultural Programs Coordinator at Shanna.Shelby@denvergov.org or at 720-865-4559.