Cultural Partner Program
The McNichols Building at Civic Center Park is a cultural center and gathering place operated and managed by Denver Arts & Venues (A&V), offering cultural programming and event space to residents, visitors and the creative community. Programming at the McNichols Building ranges from music and dance performances, seminars, workshops, lectures, as well as events and exhibitions that can showcase design, fashion, film, visual artists and more.
The Cultural Partner Program was designed to cultivate collaboration between A&V and community-based organizations, business entities and individuals aspiring to present professional-level arts and cultural performances and exhibitions at the McNichols Building. We recognize the value locally based artists and organizations add to our ongoing programming and wish to provide opportunities for successful partnerships. As a Cultural Partner you may qualify for a rental waiver or a reduced rental rate. You can also submit a request to the Cultural Partner Program Fund, which supports hard costs and implementation.
Denver Arts & Venues is currently accepting programming proposals. Proposals will be evaluated based on space availability and the following criteria:
• The program complements and enhances Denver Arts & Venues cultural programming
• The program fits within the Denver Arts & Venues scheduling plan
• A clear budget is provided
• Expected audience and attendance is provided
• Outreach plan to market program is provided
• Organization has a proven track record with producing or presenting
• Examples of past event successes are provided
• Partner, sponsor or fundraising opportunities are detailed
• Arts & Venues will also consider the program's relevance to other exhibits, programs and events in the community presented at the same time
• Partnership level and support may vary. Financial support to cover hard costs and implementation may be available. To be considered, a detailed budget must be provided.
• Denver Arts & Venues reserves the right to decline programming and decisions are final
• Applicants are welcome to re-apply in the future for additional events
• 501c3 organizations, for-profit entities and individuals can apply
• Event dates may need to be flexible
• Floor preference is based on availability and is subject to change
Types of programming can include:
•Music •Visual Arts •Dance •Film •Class/Workshop •Design •Theatre •Exhibitions •Seminar/Lecture •Installation •Youth Programming
For additional information, please contact Shanna Shelby, Cultural Programs Coordinator at [email protected] or at 720-865-5556.